The building is accessible 24/7 to CU Anschutz students, staff, and faculty with an active Anschutz campus badge sponsored by their School and department. Our facility access policy offers alternative options to other affiliated users, health care practitioners, and the public expressing health sciences information needs.
Sponsored Badge Option for Affiliates (Sunday – Saturday, 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- The badge is good for one year.
- Affiliate badge holders may enter the library building from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- Please note a $18.00 badge cost will apply in some cases and is payable to the CU Anschutz Badging Security Office.
- To initiate the request for a badge you can contact our building administrator by email or use these specific contacts based on your status:
- UCHealth, Children’s, and other hospital employees should contact Douglas Stehle: firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-724-2139.
- CU Denver campus employees/students can contact Bailey Wallace at the Auraria Library to begin the application process. Email: email@example.com or 303-315-7722.
- CU Springs campus employees/students can contact the Kraemer Library, Kevin Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-255-3286.
- CU Boulder employees/students can contact Douglas Stehle: email@example.com.
- CU Law employees/students can contact the CU Law Library and ask for the Access Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-492-7534.
- Retired Faculty/Staff. Most of these individuals can be badged by their CU School from which they retired. Cases will vary.
- All others including alumni can inquire with the Building Administrator, Douglas Stehle: email@example.com.
If you do not fall into the categories above for a badge, please use the information below.
Escorted Access Option for Other Visitors, General Public (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Those who do not qualify for a badge may come into the library on weekdays at 8:00 a.m. and after by calling our service desk at 303-724-2152 when you arrive, and library staff will let you into the facility. This option covers those doing research from the public and health care professionals who otherwise are not affiliated with CU Anschutz and its affiliated hospitals.
- All persons in the building should adhere to campus protocols at all times.
- Badges should be visible when in the library per Chancellor policy.
- Please do not trail in behind others or allow others to come in off your badge swipe.
- Badge holders are not allowed to bring unauthorized guests into the building. Authorized and approved EMS meeting attendees are allowed.
- The library and campus police reserve the ability to check badges throughout the building as deemed appropriate. Those in the building without proper badge or prior approval can be directed to leave the library and must abide by that directive.
- The facility is intended for quiet study and research. Access may be revoked for violating the conduct policy.
- Study rooms are preserved for CU and affiliated users only. Guest computers are available, and the service desk provides a temporary guest login. Guests are encouraged to bring their own devices and use the onsite Wi-Fi to connect to online library collections.
- Notify campus police of suspicious activity at 303-724-4444.
Questions about this policy can also be sent to AskUs.